Externship is a valuable part of the learning experience and provides students with the opportunity to apply the skills they have learned in the classroom.
We believe that if the student is willing to devote themselves to truly wanting to learn that they will acquire a skill that will set them apart from their peers.
Makio has over 40 years of experience and has devoted himself to mastering the art of preparing Authentic Japanese Sushi. Makio is extremely humble and takes tremendous pride knowing that he is able to teach his skill to people that want to learn. Without a willingness, desire and commitment all efforts will go wasted.
Students will be afforded the opportunity to work directly along side and under the direct supervision of Master Sushi Chef and Owner, Makio Idesako. Students will be educated about authentic japanese sushi preparation.
This will include:
1. observing how to properly prepare, store and serve different types of fish. 2. Prepping components of service as needed. (vegetables, sauces, rice, etc) 3. Acquiring importance knowledge of Japanese Culture and Cuisine.
4. Comprehensive understanding of the types and quality of japanese sake, beer and wine.
5. Pleasant and humble working environment.
6. Inventory management. Specifically, how to order, how much to order, ensuring that inventory is kept at levels to meet customer expectations and limit loss.
7. Reinforcing the importance of ensuring facilities are kept clean and inventor is rotated and removed as needed to prevent illness.
These are just a few of the opportunities that students will be afforded. Makio takes pride in educating and sharing the knowledge he has acquired over his 40 year career. It is also his belief that he must devote himself to teaching others the skills he was taught to ensure the Japanese tradition can continue.
Qualified Culinary Instutite of America students are encourged to apply, regardless of major. Our externships are full-time paid positions. Please email resumes and letters of interest to: SushiMakioIdesako@gmail.com.